The Oklahoma Dressage Society’s Board of Directors is comprised of volunteer leaders who truly care about the future of dressage in Oklahoma and Region 9. We are planning activities for this year, hoping that we meet the majority of our members’ educational and competitive needs, including yours!
We hope to see you at many of Oklahoma Dressage Society’s events this year.
Oklahoma Dressage Society
The mission of ODS shall be to promote and support the sport and art of Dressage to the equestrian community for the purpose of fostering individual and collective growth by providing leadership,education, exhibitions, publications, competitions; and to enhance greater public awareness, understanding and appreciation for the discipline of Dressage.
In developing and operating to fulfill its mission, ODS supports the following beliefs:
• We believe the love of dressage is our common bond.
• We believe each person involved in our organization is valuable.
• We believe the organization exists for the good of the whole.
• We believe in and recognize the volunteer ethic.
• We believe in promoting the well being of the horse.
• We believe that knowledge promotes better riding.
• We believe in the pursuit of excellence in all our activities.
• We believe in the pursuit of individual excellence.
• We believe that interactive communication is essential to a healthy organization.
• We believe the value of participation is in the process as well as the achievement.
• We believe dressage combines sport and art.
• We believe dressage principles are valuable to all forms of riding.